Rodec Light commercial downlight falls into two ranges to meet different market needs–the budget and the premier. These fittings are designable replacement of CFL and PL light. Due to the long lighting time and special area used, Rodec Light commercial downlight gives 5 years warranty and offer more variable function options in one lamp. Also different optic option can offer the user many choices of light scene design.
- CCT Changeable in one lamp.
- Variable Beam Angle Setting in one lamp.
- Multi optic options. (relector+lens+diffusers)
- Triac, DALI & 1-10v dimming options
Commercial Down lights are helpful in providing wide light output and makes room look bigger and brighter. These Led Commercial Downlights are widely used for commercial purposes such as in hospitals, offices downlight and malls downlight. This product is highly efficient in functionality and durability. These commercial downlights are user friendly and ensures long lasting service life. Available in different unique designs and patterns it is used in non- ventilated false ceilings. These products are manufactured using durable raw material that retain the quality in these products.
Commercial downlights are a popular lighting solution for businesses and other commercial spaces. These lights are designed to be both functional and aesthetically pleasing, providing bright, even illumination for a variety of settings.
Downlights are so named because they are installed into the ceiling and direct light downwards, creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere. This type of lighting is often used in retail stores, offices, restaurants, and other commercial spaces where a bright and inviting environment is essential.
One of the biggest advantages of commercial downlights is their versatility. They can be installed in a variety of locations, including hallways, meeting rooms, and even bathrooms. They can also be installed in different sizes, shapes, and styles to suit the specific needs of each space.
Another advantage of commercial downlights is their energy efficiency. Many models use LED technology, which is known for its long lifespan and low energy consumption. This can help businesses save money on their energy bills while also reducing their carbon footprint.
There are a few things to consider when choosing commercial downlights. First, it’s important to consider the size of the space and the amount of light that is needed. This will help determine the number and type of downlights that are required.
It’s also important to think about the color temperature of the light. A warm white light is ideal for creating a cozy and inviting atmosphere, while a cool white light is better suited for a more modern and professional setting.
Finally, consider the aesthetics of the downlights. Commercial downlights come in a range of styles and finishes, including brushed nickel, chrome, and even brushed copper. Choosing the right finish can help to enhance the overall look and feel of the space.
In conclusion, commercial downlights are an excellent lighting solution for businesses and other commercial spaces. With their versatility, energy efficiency, and range of styles and finishes, they offer a cost-effective and aesthetically pleasing way to create a warm and inviting environment.
What are commercial downlights and how do they differ from residential downlights?
Commercial downlights are lighting fixtures designed specifically for use in commercial buildings such as offices, retail spaces, and public areas. They differ from residential downlights in terms of their durability, brightness, and design, as commercial downlights are made to withstand higher levels of use and are often more energy-efficient. Additionally, commercial downlights are typically installed in areas with higher ceilings, and may be required to provide more uniform lighting coverage. In contrast, residential downlights are designed for use in homes and are typically smaller in size, with lower brightness and lower energy consumption.
What are the different types of commercial downlights and their applications?
The different types of commercial downlights include:
- LED Downlights: These are the most commonly used type of commercial downlights, due to their energy efficiency, long lifespan, and low maintenance requirements.
- Recessed Downlights: These downlights are installed into a recessed area in the ceiling, providing a seamless look and directional lighting.
- Adjustable Downlights: These downlights feature adjustable heads, allowing the user to direct light in specific areas as needed.
- Square Downlights: These downlights are characterized by their square shape and are often used for general lighting in commercial spaces.
- Round Downlights: Round downlights are a common option for commercial spaces, due to their versatility and ability to blend in with a variety of ceiling styles.
- High-Bay Downlights: These downlights are designed for use in large commercial spaces with high ceilings, such as warehouses and factories.
The application of these different types of commercial downlights depends on the specific needs of the space, including the height of the ceilings, the type of use (e.g. general lighting, task lighting), and the desired level of brightness and energy efficiency.
What factors should be considered when choosing commercial downlights for a building?
When choosing commercial downlights for a building, the following factors should be considered:
- Ceiling Height: The height of the ceiling will impact the size and brightness of the downlights required.
- Lighting Requirements: Consider the type of use for the space (general lighting, task lighting, accent lighting) and the desired level of brightness.
- Energy Efficiency: Energy-efficient downlights can lower electricity bills and reduce the building’s carbon footprint.
- Maintenance: Consider the maintenance requirements of the downlights, including the need for frequent bulb replacements and cleaning.
- Durability: Commercial downlights should be durable and able to withstand frequent use, as well as potential impacts from foot traffic or moving objects.
- Cost: The cost of the downlights should be considered, including the upfront cost, as well as the ongoing costs of maintenance and replacement.
- Style: The style of the downlights should match the aesthetic of the building and complement the overall design.
- Brand reputation: Consider the reputation of the manufacturer and the quality of the product.
- Compatibility with existing electrical systems: Make sure the downlights are compatible with the building’s existing electrical systems, including wiring and switch configurations.
How much energy do commercial downlights consume and what impact do they have on the environment?
The energy consumption of commercial downlights depends on several factors, including their size, type, and brightness. On average, LED downlights, which are the most commonly used type of commercial downlights, consume less energy than traditional incandescent or halogen lights. This is because LED lights are more energy-efficient and have a longer lifespan, which reduces the need for frequent bulb replacements.
The impact of commercial downlights on the environment depends on their energy consumption and the materials used in their manufacture. Energy-efficient LED downlights consume less energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions, while also reducing the demand for non-renewable energy sources such as coal, oil, and natural gas. Additionally, LED lights contain no toxic materials, reducing their impact on the environment during disposal.
In conclusion, the use of energy-efficient commercial downlights can help to reduce the environmental impact of lighting in commercial buildings, as well as lower energy costs. However, it’s important to ensure that they are properly disposed of at the end of their life to minimize their impact on the environment.
What are the key features of a good quality commercial downlight?
The key features of a good quality commercial downlight include:
- Energy Efficiency: High-quality commercial downlights should be energy-efficient, reducing energy consumption and lowering electricity costs.
- Brightness: Good quality commercial downlights should provide adequate brightness for the intended space and application.
- Durability: Commercial downlights should be built to withstand frequent use and be able to withstand impacts from foot traffic or moving objects.
- Long Lifespan: High-quality commercial downlights should have a long lifespan, reducing the need for frequent replacements and maintenance.
- Compatibility: Good quality commercial downlights should be compatible with existing electrical systems and meet relevant safety standards.
- Adjustability: Adjustable commercial downlights allow for more precise lighting control, directing light where it’s needed.
- Dimmability: Dimmable commercial downlights allow for adjustable brightness, creating a more versatile and flexible lighting solution.
- Color Rendering: High-quality commercial downlights should provide accurate and natural color rendering, making objects and people appear more vibrant and true to life.
- Design: The design of the downlight should match the aesthetic of the building and complement the overall design.
- Brand Reputation: Consider the reputation of the manufacturer and the quality of the product when selecting a commercial downlight.
What are the installation requirements for commercial downlights?
The installation requirements for commercial downlights vary depending on the specific product, but typically include:
- Electrical Wiring: Commercial downlights require a reliable electrical supply, with wiring that is properly sized and connected to a power source.
- Ceiling Access: Access to the ceiling is required for installation, with a hole drilled in the ceiling to accommodate the downlight.
- Ceiling Thickness: The thickness of the ceiling should be measured to ensure that the downlight can be properly installed.
- Safety Standards: Commercial downlights must meet relevant safety standards, including fire safety regulations.
- Tools and Equipment: Tools and equipment such as a drill, ladder, and electrical tester may be required for the installation of commercial downlights.
- Knowledge and Experience: Installing commercial downlights should only be done by a qualified electrician with the knowledge and experience to safely and correctly install the product.
- Building Permits: In some cases, building permits may be required for commercial downlight installations, depending on local regulations.
It is recommended to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and consult with a professional electrician to ensure that commercial downlights are installed safely and correctly, in accordance with relevant safety standards and building codes.
What are the maintenance needs for commercial downlights and how often should they be replaced?
The maintenance needs for commercial downlights vary depending on the type of product and its usage. However, the following are some general guidelines:
- Dust and Dirt: Dust and dirt buildup can affect the brightness and efficiency of commercial downlights, so it’s important to clean them regularly.
- Bulb Replacements: LED commercial downlights have a longer lifespan compared to other types of lights, but may still need to be replaced periodically. It’s recommended to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for replacement.
- Electrical Connections: Regular checks of the electrical connections can help ensure that commercial downlights are working correctly and safely.
- Environmental Factors: Exposure to extreme temperatures, moisture, and other environmental factors can affect the performance and lifespan of commercial downlights.
In general, high-quality commercial downlights require minimal maintenance, with replacement needed only every several years. However, it’s important to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for maintenance and replacement to ensure the longevity and efficiency of the product.
What are the safety considerations for commercial downlights, particularly in commercial buildings?
There are several safety considerations for commercial downlights, particularly in commercial buildings, including:
- Electrical Safety: Commercial downlights must be installed by a qualified electrician and meet relevant electrical safety standards, including fire safety regulations.
- Heat: LED commercial downlights produce less heat compared to traditional incandescent lights, reducing the risk of fire. However, it’s still important to maintain safe distances between the light and combustible materials.
- Accessibility: Commercial downlights should be installed in a way that they can be safely accessed for maintenance and replacement.
- Fireproof Materials: The materials used in the construction of commercial downlights should be fireproof to minimize the risk of fire.
- Emergency Lighting: Commercial buildings should have adequate emergency lighting in case of power outages or other emergency situations.
- Earth Bonding: Commercial downlights should be earth bonded to reduce the risk of electrical shock.
- Lighting Standards: Commercial downlights must meet relevant lighting standards, including illumination levels and color rendering.
It is recommended to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and consult with a professional electrician to ensure that commercial downlights are installed and used safely, in accordance with relevant safety standards and building codes.
How does the brightness of commercial downlights affect their performance and efficiency?
The brightness of commercial downlights, measured in lumens, has a direct impact on their performance and efficiency. The following are some key points to consider:
- Illumination: The brightness of commercial downlights affects the amount of light they produce, with higher brightness providing more illumination.
- Energy Efficiency: LED commercial downlights are highly energy-efficient, producing more light with less energy compared to traditional incandescent lights. The brightness of LED lights can also be adjusted to match the specific lighting needs of a space, further reducing energy consumption.
- Color Rendering: The brightness of commercial downlights can also affect their color rendering, with higher brightness providing better color rendering.
- Glare: High brightness commercial downlights can also produce glare, which can cause discomfort and reduced visibility. It’s important to choose the right brightness level to ensure optimal lighting while avoiding excessive glare.
- Maintenance: The lifespan of commercial downlights is affected by the brightness level, with higher brightness requiring more frequent bulb replacements.
When choosing commercial downlights, it’s important to consider the specific lighting needs of a space and choose the right brightness level to provide adequate illumination while maintaining energy efficiency and reducing the risk of glare and discomfort.
What are the cost considerations for commercial downlights and what are the best options for a budget?
The cost considerations for commercial downlights can vary based on several factors, including the type of light, the materials used, and the brand. The following are some general points to consider:
- LED Lights: LED commercial downlights are generally more expensive compared to traditional incandescent lights, but are more energy-efficient and have a longer lifespan, reducing long-term costs.
- Materials: Commercial downlights made from high-quality materials, such as aluminum or fireproof materials, may be more expensive, but can provide improved durability and safety.
- Brand: The brand of commercial downlights can also affect the cost, with higher-end brands generally more expensive.
For those on a budget, there are several options available:
- LED Lights: LED commercial downlights are a cost-effective option for those on a budget, providing energy savings and a longer lifespan compared to traditional incandescent lights.
- Basic Materials: Commercial downlights made from basic materials, such as plastic, can be a cost-effective option.
- Budget Brands: There are several budget-friendly brands offering quality commercial downlights at an affordable price.
It’s important to consider the specific needs of a space and the budget when choosing commercial downlights, as well as to consider the long-term costs, such as energy consumption and maintenance needs, to ensure that the investment is cost-effective in the long term.
Commercial Down lights are easy to install, require less maintenance and have a long life span. These Led Commercial Downlights are attractive in looks, power efficient and are widely used in offices, kitchens, restaurants, hotels and conference room.
Over the past couple of years, LED lighting has taken the lighting world by storm and this is especially seen in commercial indoor lighting. Most modern commercial buildings now opt for LED interior lights due to many reasons. Compared to other types of lighting, LED is far more durable, energy-efficient, low maintenance and versatile. Rodec Light is a one-stop-shop for all your commercial indoor lighting needs, with a wide range of products to choose from. Be it indoor downlights, or LED panel lights, Rodec Light has always maintained a certain sense of standard, that only goes up. For quality indoor lights, Rodec Light stores are a must-visit to explore the mesmerising collection on offer.
Types Of Indoor Commercial Lights:
Rodec Light carries a vast variety of commercial interior lights to serve your space’s lighting needs. Here is a detailed description of the various types of indoor commercial lights that have been manufactured by our company to celebrate the various shades of artistic options available:
Indoor downlights are an excellent way to light up a room without any protruding fixtures. They are an all-purpose lighting fixture and are able to provide task as well as ambient lighting. They work with most interior styles, especially minimalism and are extremely easy to install. Because they don’t produce too much light, they are usually used in retail stores and as interior lights for houses. Rodec Light’s LED indoor downlights consume almost one-fourth of the traditional non-LED lights and can help you save up to 30% on your regular monthly bill. With Rodec Light’s quality lighting, brightness and essential features to dim, according to your distinct requirements and moods, you can now illuminate your space without burning a hole in your pocket.
Indoor COB downlights
Indoor COB (chip on board) lights are an excellent way to illuminate a wide space and achieve a more focused light because of the use of light reflectors. COB lights are particularly great for illuminating high-ceiling rooms and will last you a long time. You can explore the different varieties of Indoor COB downlights available in Rodec Light stores near you.
Indoor LED Panel
Indoor LED panels are some of the best options to light up large office and commercial spaces as they illuminate a wide area without requiring much lighting and electricity. They are also thin and easy to install on even shallow ceilings. Besides this, they also reduce your chances of eye fatigue as they don’t cast any harsh glare, making them extremely safe for those in the room for long hours. Quality lighting that is safe on the eyes is an essential feature of a workplace, study room, workshop etc. and Rodec Light ensures their LED panels are durable and easy to install, making them an ideal choice for your indoor lighting needs.
Indoor LED Batten tubes
Why go for an ordinary tube light when you can opt for LED batten tube lights that offer better illumination? LED batten tubes offer uniform, spot-free lighting that can liven up any interior space, making them the perfect choice for interior wall lights. These LED interior lights are also known for their energy efficiency as they can help you save up to 40% on your electricity bills as compared to regular fluorescent tube lights. Be it your living room, bedroom, office, workspace, or conference room, these stylish and slim tubes are equipped with cutting-edge technology to deliver only the best at reduced costs with high durability. They can even last you more than 15 years of normal use, making these LED indoor lights the perfect choice.
What Is The Difference Between Downlights And COB Downlights?
There is a common misconception among people who confuse the two products, but there is so much to learn about them. The chip on board downlights are effective owing to their use of chrome reflectors which can be utilized to concentrate the coverage of beam.
There is usually no frosting around the lens and the beam angles can be controlled. A downlight is usually fit in the ceiling and provides a narrow beam of light.
It does not come up with flexible options to adjust the range of beams. With a diverse range of indoor lighting options available with Rodec Light, you need not look for your lighting requirements anywhere. Just visit a Rodec Light store near you and get the best lighting solutions for yourself.
When it comes to general illumination downlighting for new construction and retrofit projects, think Rodec Light. Both the LBR and LDN families are designed to deliver the best value by offering a versatile range of sizes and shapes, switchable CCTs and lumens, dimming options and integrated controls.
Downlight and wall wash distributions are designed with outstanding glare control to provide visually comfortable lighting for occupants in any space.
Engineered with high performance drivers and lighting controls to deliver a sustainable and long-lasting downlighting solution.
Save on labor costs, time and energy consumption with easy installation, job flexibility and high efficacy.
You know and trust Rodec Light to provide the most affordable downlighting solutions, delivered when you need them.
Rodec Light provide easy installation from below the ceiling along with the switchable features you need for added flexibility. Improve your lighting quality while saving money and time with a long-lasting, sustainable downlighting solution at an affordable price.
New construction downlights are engineered with durable mounting frames, performance drivers, outstanding optics, and a variety of configurations. Balance glare control and efficacy to achieve high-performance with visually comfortable lighting.
DESIGN & OPTIONS. LED COMMERCIAL DOWNLIGHT is equipped with a simple switch that is used to adjust CCT and wattage. The CCT options are 2700K, 3000K, 3500K, 4000K, or 5000K, while the wattage options depend on the size of the downlight. They come in 4″, 6″, 8″ and 10″ sizes and WHITE or BLACK finishes with a classic, low-profile design and a smooth trim. It is designed to operate on 120-277V with a 0-10V dimmable driver.
The EM back-up provides up to 90 minutes of power (sold separately).
INSTALLATION. With everything you need included in one set, installation has never been easier. The wiring and spring-loaded clips ensure a snug fit to the surface and the safety cable eliminates the possibility of an incident during installation. Refer to install instructions for detailed steps.
APPLICATION. Install LED COMMERCIAL DOWNLIGHT into your ceiling for a bright light in your hallway, corridor, or any other commercial space with a high ceiling. It is IP43 rated, making it perfect for spaces with humidity requirements.
ENERGY SAVINGS & EFFICIENCY. With a calculated lifespan up to 124.000 hours, these fixtures are made to last decades under normal operation! This fixture can cut your electric bill by up to 80% instantly and will save you a significant amount of money in its lifetime.
CERTIFICATION & WARRANTY. Buy with confidence: ASD provides a 5-year limited warranty along with UL certification to guarantee top quality products and safety!
Energy Star classification allows for participation in rebates; please check the rebate programs available in your state.
Building comfort and functionality.
We understand that the interior architecture of your space is integral to building comfort and functionality.
Our extensive Commercial LED Downlight portfolio combines innovation, design and sustainability to deliver lighting solutions for your requirements and users’ needs.
Back in the day, fluorescent 2x26W downlights used to be the number one choice for commercial use. LED technology has surpassed CFL in every-way making it obsolete. Our great range of longer lasting commercial LED downlights will reduce your energy consumption and maintenance costs.
Commercial LED downlights can save you 70% in energy costs and last 3x longer – and better still, they’re now even cheaper to buy than CFL!
As well as the energy saving benefits that LED has to offer, we now offer colour temperature adjustable commercial downlights with Rodec Light. Available in 4 frame sizes, they’re fitted with a switch that allows you to switch between 3000K, 4000K and 6500K. This provides much more flexibility while still providing a cost effective lighting solution from one of the UK’s leading lighting brands.
The Rodec Light is also dimmable and IP54 as standard. It has a wide 100 degree beam angle that helps to spread the light out further. This really is a quality product offering and its also available in DALI dimmable and 0-10V on request.
As a well established electrical wholesaler, we understand the need to provide our customers with competitively priced, reliable lighting products and only offer the best brands in the business.
For the last 15 years prior to LED lighting, compact fluorescent downlights have been the #1 choice for commercial lighting applications. This is because they were affordable and fairly energy efficient. Earlier commercial LED downlights were too expensive and offered lengthy payback times, making them unpopular in the lighting industry.
As prices for LED lighting products continue to fall, commercial LED downlights now offer a more competitive alternative to fluorescent. When all of the facts are considered such as the reduction in maintenance costs and the energy savings, choosing LED is certainly a ‘no brainer’.
Quality Lighting Brands
Our latest range from Fire Rated Downlight, Ceiling Spot Light, Commercial Downlight, LED Module Spot Lights, SMD Downlights are not only competitively priced but they are premium quality products with extended life expectancy periods of 40,000 to 50,000 hours, the life expectancy of a CFL is just 10,000 hours.
Our range of commercial lighting products isn’t just limited to recessed downlights, we also offer the following product types:
- LED non corrosive fittings
- LED high bays for warehouses
- LED low bays for racking isles
- High output floodlights for outdoors
- LED ceiling panels for offices
- Track lighting for retail
Benefits of Commercial Recessed Downlights
Even, Clear Light
Recessed lighting fixtures are the heavy lifters in your lighting design plan. By providing a clear, even wash of light throughout entire rooms, recessed downlights create a comfortable and modern backdrop for the rest of your space.
This ambient light sets the tone for your office, shop, or other commercial space. Enjoy the aesthetic and adaptability of recessed downlighting with the powerful lumen output required to properly illuminate large spaces.
High Quality Light
AT Rodec Light, we pride ourselves on the quality of our lighting products. We control every step of the design, manufacturing, and distribution process to ensure every lamp we produce fits our high standards. What does this mean for you?
High quality light means clear, even, flicker-free lights that keep your employees free from headaches and eye strain. Under bright, healthy light, employees are more productive and more satisfied at work.
Rodec Light lights are dependable, with up to 50,000 hour lifespan ratings. That’s almost six years of constant use! You can go years without ever needing to think about maintenance or bulb replacements.
LED lighting from Rodec Light helps you drastically reduce your energy usage—and your energy bill. LEDs use up to 80% less energy than traditional commercial lighting solutions, which adds up to significant savings when you consider lighting entire rooms, floors, buildings, and outdoor areas.
Lowering your energy consumption is environmentally friendly and can earn your company rebates and tax refunds. Updating your lighting scheme is also one of the most effective ways to earn points toward LEED certification for your facility.
We are able to offer trade discounts on bulk orders, please email your enquiry to: email@example.com and we’ll provide you with an official quotation and project price.